What We Do
For Job Seekers
Because the WDB is composed of private and public-sector leaders from business, education, labor, community and faith-based organizations, and government, it is uniquely positioned to help connect job seekers to jobs. Whether you’ve lost your job or need to apply for employment for the first time, the Bergen One-Stop Career Center can help. The One-Stop Career Center provides dozens of employment resources, most of which are free of charge. Special programs are available to assist you if you have a disability, need literacy services, are a veteran, have been laid off, or are on welfare.More
The Bergen County Workforce Development Board oversees the One-Stop Career Center, and acts as a liaison between the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development (LWD) and local businesses, connecting employers to incentive programs, training grants, tax credits, on-the-job training for workers, and other business-related services. The WDB monitors the One-Stop Career Center, which assists in recruiting and training employees. Local businesses use the One-Stop Career Center to screen and recruit workers through recruitment events, job fairs, customized sessions, and more.More
Join us and business leaders for breakfast and a peer-to-peer panel discussion to explore:
- leading employment practices for recruiting, hiring, and retaining people with disabilities
- finding the perfect fit for your business while improving productivity and reducing turnover
- busting myths around hiring professionals with disabilities
- identifying and addressing areas of concern
- strengthening a culture of inclusivity
- discovering tools for action -- employer resources and hiring incentives
- expanding hiring to an underutilized, job-ready talent pool
- employers and business association reps
- legal and human resource experts
- other workforce professionals
- Bergen County Workforce Development Board Disabilities Committee
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- New Bridge Medical Center
- North Jersey Friendship House
- Fedcap Rehabilitation Services
The New Jersey Department of Labor & Workforce Development is proud to announce the launch of the New Jersey Career Connections website, a new job search and career navigation platform taking the place of Jobs4Jersey.com.
New Jersey Career Connections was designed in collaboration with government agencies, county colleges, libraries, and community and faith-based organizations to unify service delivery at One-Stop Career Centers, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services locations, public libraries, community colleges, and partner locations throughout New Jersey.
When fully implemented, the New Jersey Career Connections Network will offer New Jerseyans an unprecedented number of locations where they can access a unified approach to career exploration and navigation. The department has partnered with county colleges to provide training on the Career Connections model to more than 800 One-Stop, library and community college staff.