Reemployment & Unemployment Information
NOTICE: One-Stop Career Centers are closed state-wide until further notice. Customers with scheduled appointments will be contacted by NJDOL staff at a later date.
Thank you your patience during this unprecedented public health emergency. We are doing all we can to ensure all New Jerseyans receive the assistance they need. Due to extremely high demand and the suspension of public services at our One-Stop Career Centers, please use the Department of Labor website for guidance and filing whenever possible.
BEFORE FILING ANY CLAIMS – READ THROUGH THE INFORMATION BELOW.
Is your SSN now scheduled for access? Click here to claim your weekly benefit.
Before applying for an unemployment claim, customers are encouraged to visit the Department of Labor website to determine whether they are eligible to apply for Unemployment Insurance, Temporary Disability or Family Leave Insurance, or Workers’ Compensation. An easy-to-read chart (English | Spanish) will guide customers through the process.
People can file online at myunemployment.nj.gov or over the phone. Applying online is easy and will save you precious time in receiving your benefits.
Unemployment Call Centers:
North Jersey: 201-601-4100
Central Jersey: 732-761-2020
South New Jersey: 856-507-2340
Agents are available M-F from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm.
To ensure the continued stability of the online application system, please claim your weekly benefit according to the UPDATED schedule (as of Friday, March 27).
If you are filing a new claim or reopening an existing claim, you can do so online anytime.
- If you’re having trouble applying for unemployment benefits in N.J., here’s what you need to know http://nj-ne.ws/D7xo4Kl
- Due to high volume, steps are being taken to ensure the stability of your Unemployment application. Please claim weekly benefits based on the schedule above.
- Local state staff do not have remote access to the unemployment sysytem – individuals must call the or go online at myunemployment.nj.gov.
- The North NJ Reemployment (Unemployment) Call Center can be reached by phone at (201) 601-4100.
- Due to the high volume in claims being filed, there may be a processing delay (5-7 days), but claims will be backdated so no weekly benefits will be lost.
More COVID-19 Resources
What Employers & Businesses Should Know: bit.ly/covid19-nj-employer
What Employees Should Know: bit.ly/covid19-nj-employee
State of New Jersey COVID-19 Resources: covid19.nj.gov
NJ211 COVID-19 Community Resources: nj211.org/coronavirus-covid-19
County of Bergen COVID-19 Resources: bit.ly/covid19-bergen
Bergen ResourceNet: bergenresourcenet.org
Numbers to Call:
- Call (General COVID-19 Questions): 2-1-1 (7a-11p)
- Call (Clinical Questions): 1-800-962-1253 (24/7)
- Text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive alerts